2 people viewing
Replies: 1498 (Who?), Viewed: 115396 times.
Page 60 of 60
Scholar
#1476 Old 9th May 2019 at 12:40 AM
I think you have to be at least a day or two before the event occurs (the calender should show you any event/holiday occuring several days ahead of time) on the calender, then delete the event.
Forum Resident
#1477 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:03 AM
You also don't have to attend those events, so no reason to be bothered by this
Field Researcher
#1478 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
You also don't have to attend those events, so no reason to be bothered by this


Ha, true enough. It's probably just the constant annoyance of phone invitations to talent shows and the like that has me react to the mere sight of those events being there. Time to just... let go... and beat my sim away from the TV and out there to keep practicing ice skating. ;P
Lab Assistant
#1479 Old 9th May 2019 at 1:17 PM
This might be a weird one, was just wondering what is the real name of this piano piece?
Forum Resident
#1480 Old 9th May 2019 at 2:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicslippers
This might be a weird one, was just wondering what is the real name of this piano piece?


I can't recognize unworded music, but if it's the same as the piece in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jg...2OseHu_&index=5

someone wrote in the comments it's a sonata by Domencio Scarlatti in D minor´╗┐
and youtube showed me this as a search result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6LtERRLKww

I really don't know
Lab Assistant
#1481 Old 11th May 2019 at 3:47 AM
99% certain I know the answer to this, but figured I'd ask anyway.

If I'm controlling a family of 2 or more sims and I send one to a community lot for a couple of hours, is there any way for me to control what the sims I left behind at home are doing even though they're on a different lot? Every time I come back they're either standing outside my front door doing nothing, or doing activities I would never tell them to do. If I leave the lot with them doing a skill building activity they won't have gained anything in that skill in the sim hours I was away from them.

I'm a heavy micro-manager of my sims, so whenever I play a legacy household I feel like I'm constantly hindering myself whenever I whenever I send 1 sim to a community lot and leave my other sims behind (losing time I could be having them build skills/etc.). But sending my entire household to a lot isn't always an option (i.e. when sending sims on dates), or I wouldn't have anything for half my household to do if I sent them all to the same lot.

The way traveling to another lot work I'm left feeling like The Sims 4 is better suited to I'm Surrounded By Idiots challenges where I only care about 1 of my sims, rather then Legacy challenges where I need to care about all of them.
Forum Resident
#1482 Old 11th May 2019 at 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDarkNinja
99% certain I know the answer to this, but figured I'd ask anyway.

If I'm controlling a family of 2 or more sims and I send one to a community lot for a couple of hours, is there any way for me to control what the sims I left behind at home are doing even though they're on a different lot? Every time I come back they're either standing outside my front door doing nothing, or doing activities I would never tell them to do. If I leave the lot with them doing a skill building activity they won't have gained anything in that skill in the sim hours I was away from them.

I'm a heavy micro-manager of my sims, so whenever I play a legacy household I feel like I'm constantly hindering myself whenever I whenever I send 1 sim to a community lot and leave my other sims behind (losing time I could be having them build skills/etc.). But sending my entire household to a lot isn't always an option (i.e. when sending sims on dates), or I wouldn't have anything for half my household to do if I sent them all to the same lot.

The way traveling to another lot work I'm left feeling like The Sims 4 is better suited to I'm Surrounded By Idiots challenges where I only care about 1 of my sims, rather then Legacy challenges where I need to care about all of them.


While being on a different lot with a sim the rest of the household will have a little icon on the top right of their thumbnail image which let you decide what they "do" while you're away
there are options for skill building, socializing, care for self which fills up their needs and some more
sims will still do weird stuff when you'll arrive home with the sim who traveled, but their needs will be better/skills will be higher etc.. depends on what you've chosen

if you're interested, LittleMsSam have added more to those "away actions" so you could make sims do even more stuff, and Bienchen have added more skills that were missing from the "build skill" menu
Bienchen allowed LittleMsSam to include her mod in hers, so you can download LittleMsSam's and have both:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...is-mod-adds-new

another option is to use rabbit holes to send away sims to level up skills, socialize, date and more, while you're staying at home with the rest of the family
for that check out Social Activities, also by LittleMsSam:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...ends-family-and
Lab Assistant
#1483 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
I can't recognize unworded music, but if it's the same as the piece in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jg...2OseHu_&index=5

someone wrote in the comments it's a sonata by Domencio Scarlatti in D minor´╗┐
and youtube showed me this as a search result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6LtERRLKww

I really don't know

That's a different piece, the devs changed the song "For Bella" in game, it used to be the one you linked but the one i'm looking for is the new one.
Alchemist
#1484 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:16 PM
Do I need mods in this game to get uncontrolled sims to actually have kids? Or does the game code handle that reasonably well by default?
Forum Resident
#1485 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Do I need mods in this game to get uncontrolled sims to actually have kids? Or does the game code handle that reasonably well by default?


Yes, you do. you need MCCC
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases
you can set it however you would like, in the Pregnancy and Population modules.

the game by default doesn't have ANY story progression
the most that it does is to place homeless sims from Manage Household into houses, if you have this setting turned on (via game options).
Alchemist
#1486 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Yes, you do. you need MCCC
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases
you can set it however you would like, in the Pregnancy and Population modules.

the game by default doesn't have ANY story progression
the most that it does is to place homeless sims from Manage Household into houses, if you have this setting turned on (via game options).

I was afraid of that. Ok, so new dumb question: since I only have base game (+free Holiday pack), do I still put in modules like "mc_clubs" and "mc_occult"? Or should I sort out the ones that don't apply? It says the MC Command Center works with but does not require any of the expansions, so I'm hoping that means that if I just dumped the whole thing in my Mods folder it wouldn't break anything, but I'm wondering if it's better to fine-tune a bit.
Forum Resident
#1487 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I was afraid of that. Ok, so new dumb question: since I only have base game (+free Holiday pack), do I still put in modules like "mc_clubs" and "mc_occult"? Or should I sort out the ones that don't apply? It says the MC Command Center works with but does not require any of the expansions, so I'm hoping that means that if I just dumped the whole thing in my Mods folder it wouldn't break anything, but I'm wondering if it's better to fine-tune a bit.


I'm not sure if it can do any harm if you'll install those modules (I'm assuming that it won't), but it will be pretty easy to simply delete those 2 package files.. so why not?

just remember to enable Script mods via Game Options > Other (there are 2 check marks there, check both)
Alchemist
#1488 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:11 PM
Here's a really dumb question, but how the heck do you fill a sim's fun meter? My sim is constantly going into yellow or even red on fun, and nothing seems to boost it back up much! I have him play on his phone, wash the dishes (he's Neat), go fishing, even dance with a group of friends at the bar, but nothing seems to do much! If taking selfies is fun it never makes a visible difference to his fun meter. I really miss TS2's "Red Hands"; that's always my go to when sims need fun, so long as someone's around to play with. TS4 does not appear to have any fun social interactions??
Forum Resident
#1489 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Here's a really dumb question, but how the heck do you fill a sim's fun meter? My sim is constantly going into yellow or even red on fun, and nothing seems to boost it back up much! I have him play on his phone, wash the dishes (he's Neat), go fishing, even dance with a group of friends at the bar, but nothing seems to do much! If taking selfies is fun it never makes a visible difference to his fun meter. I really miss TS2's "Red Hands"; that's always my go to when sims need fun, so long as someone's around to play with. TS4 does not appear to have any fun social interactions??


Yup, the game is really lucking on that part. most activities that you would assume would be fun - are not.
LittleMsSam created a mod to fix that, and added the fun factor to a lot of the activities that sims can do, including social interactions and more
she even added more fun to fit certain traits and such
I strongly recommend this one:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...lls-life-skills

vanilla-wise getting your sim to play on the computer is the most efficient way to gain fun in this game..
Test Subject
#1490 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:58 PM
Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix the breasts that male sims seem to get when they wear certain female clothes? It poofs out on top and looks kinda weird. One of the leather jackets in the base game is perfect for my Michael Jackson Sim, but I'd rather he didn't grow boobs with it lol. Please feel free to redirect me if this is the wrong spot to ask; I'm fairly new to this site.
Forum Resident
#1491 Old 24th May 2019 at 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmysmalls
Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix the breasts that male sims seem to get when they wear certain female clothes? It poofs out on top and looks kinda weird. One of the leather jackets in the base game is perfect for my Michael Jackson Sim, but I'd rather he didn't grow boobs with it lol. Please feel free to redirect me if this is the wrong spot to ask; I'm fairly new to this site.


I didn't play much with female cloths on male sims, but I know that some cloths have this issue
I don't believe it's fixable via the game (probably will require a fix to the mesh or something)

my suggestion would be to find a similar cc jacket for males instead (if you can't find anything else that better suits your needs via the game)
you can post a screenshot of the jacket you are talking about and maybe someone will find something similar enough..
Alchemist
#1492 Old Yesterday at 4:56 AM
Is there a way to view the family tree of a sim who's not in the active household? I vaguely recall being able to do it in TS3, but maybe I'm making that up; it's been years since I touched TS3.
Test Subject
#1493 Old Yesterday at 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
I didn't play much with female cloths on male sims, but I know that some cloths have this issue
I don't believe it's fixable via the game (probably will require a fix to the mesh or something)

my suggestion would be to find a similar cc jacket for males instead (if you can't find anything else that better suits your needs via the game)
you can post a screenshot of the jacket you are talking about and maybe someone will find something similar enough..


Ok, that's a good idea! I only have the base game for 4 so I can only pick from what's in the game or CC. I've tried checking out some of the leather jackets but they aren't quite Michael enough. There's also another coat that would have been perfect but underneath is some weird vest shirt thing. If anyone knows where to find a better jacket, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1494 Old Yesterday at 2:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmysmalls
Ok, that's a good idea! I only have the base game for 4 so I can only pick from what's in the game or CC. I've tried checking out some of the leather jackets but they aren't quite Michael enough. There's also another coat that would have been perfect but underneath is some weird vest shirt thing. If anyone knows where to find a better jacket, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!


Any of these ones will do?
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...fit/id/1388660/
https://simsationaldesigns.blogspot...her-jacket.html
https://simsationaldesigns.blogspot...version-20.html
Forum Resident
#1495 Old Yesterday at 2:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Is there a way to view the family tree of a sim who's not in the active household? I vaguely recall being able to do it in TS3, but maybe I'm making that up; it's been years since I touched TS3.


Unless you switch to this family to check it, no
but using a mod you can see that sim's family members (which are still alive), including grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and such.. anything that the game names
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576053

you need to click on the sim > Show Sim Info > This Sim
then search for the page with the Family menu and see what they've got
alternatively choose the Household menu, to see who else is in this household.
Alchemist
#1496 Old Today at 12:24 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : Today at 12:38 AM.
I'm going to assume I'm not the first person to encounter this, so, uh, it's not permanent is it?

Edit: Never mind; it's not permanent. It went away as soon as the sims went inside. But I guess I'm still wondering what caused it in the first place.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1497 Old Today at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I'm going to assume I'm not the first person to encounter this, so, uh, it's not permanent is it?

Edit: Never mind; it's not permanent. It went away as soon as the sims went inside. But I guess I'm still wondering what caused it in the first place.


Are you using any cc skintones / lighting mods? maybe you've got something like that which is broken?
otherwise I would check the graphics quality settings.. I don't think I've ever encountered such an issue.
Alchemist
#1498 Old Today at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Are you using any cc skintones / lighting mods? maybe you've got something like that which is broken?
otherwise I would check the graphics quality settings.. I don't think I've ever encountered such an issue.

No CC skintones or lighting mods. Only a very few mods in total. For my graphics settings, would this mean I have something set higher than my laptop can handle?

Oh, another dumb question: my sim wants to "Salvage Parts" and the tool-tip says there should be a pile of junk from when he repaired the sink, but there is no pile. He's repaired the sink twice so far and his friend repaired the toilet once and no piles of any kind spawned. So I'm a bit confused. Does there need to be inordinate floor space in a bathroom for these piles to spawn?
Scholar
#1499 Old Today at 12:24 PM
There need to be a bit of room for such scrap parts to spawn, yes. I generally have 2x3 bathrooms (no sink) and rarely have scrap parts spawn there when fixing the toilet or shower. Fixing something in a larger room, like the stereo in the living room usually has a scrap part spawn a few tiles away.
Page 60 of 60
Back to top