Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 5985 (Who?), Viewed: 219214 times.
Page 240 of 240
Field Researcher
#5976 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
When I was looking through downloads here certain clothing (unlocked clothing options) they would enable the delete button and the OP would say to not delete anything in CAS or else the game will be corrupted.

IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.
Field Researcher
#5977 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieOReilly
IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.

Ohhh okay. Thank you for explaining it better, I get it now . And I don't think I'll be deleting genetic-type downloads any time soon, but this is good to know.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Lab Assistant
#5978 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:15 AM
I've just discovered that reading magazines alters interests!
Test Subject
#5979 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:58 AM
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
Scholar
#5980 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingstarr
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
I found that one some time ago, but I've just spotted that they can also play in fallen leaves! So cute

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2014 page
Alchemist
#5981 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:37 PM
I did not know that neat ghosts can clean up while haunting!

I was surprised when I saw Capella's ghost cleaning up when I was playtesting the Lyra household in Aileen Landing.
Screenshots

Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods
Winter Wonderland is available here
My Simblr
My 2015 Yearbook Entry
Theorist
#5982 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:47 PM
Cool! Is this Aileen Landing supposed to be a Sims 2 version of Oasis Landing or something? It sure reminds me of it!
Instructor
#5983 Old Yesterday at 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
I did not know that neat ghosts can clean up while haunting!

I was surprised when I saw Capella's ghost cleaning up when I was playtesting the Lyra household in Aileen Landing.

Oh, wow! I just said on another thread a couple of days ago that neat ghosts ought to clean!
Alchemist
#5984 Old Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingstarr

They can also chase fireflies! I just wanted to post that but then I saw your post.
Screenshots

Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods
Winter Wonderland is available here
My Simblr
My 2015 Yearbook Entry
Mad Poster
#5985 Old Today at 2:28 AM
He looks really pissed off that he can't catch it. XD

Cats can chase butterflies and fireflies as well.
Mad Poster
#5986 Old Today at 7:31 AM
Which is why there are doors leading to the outside in my toddlers'rooms

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Page 240 of 240