Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 16256 (Who?), Viewed: 373587 times.
Page 603 of 651
Inventor
#15051 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
The edges of the road are not cut outs so you need to update the road default textures with the grass terrain too. I think there are some cut out defaults somewhere though.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow here - I tried changing the terrain on a few other desert and dirt hoods to see if it was a problem with the road defaults then checked out various lots, but they actually came out fine for some reason. It's just this hood in particular that has the wonky terrain. Is it the apocalypse at work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Is there a way to restore the urn, so you don't have to have a permanently smashed urn in your house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Does it change to a gravestone when you move it outside? I've never had a smashed urn before.

In my experience, moving the smashed urn outside won't turn it into a gravestone and it retains its broken form, but if you have testing cheats on, there's an option to repair the smashed urn when you shift + click on it, as mentioned by baticeer. It's been very useful with raging teens out and about while I wait for the ghosts to appear before sending them to the actual graveyards.
Alchemist
#15052 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:29 PM
Fron door questions: What determines it? How do change it? Is there a mod that expands upon it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#15053 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:40 PM
Some players have mentioned that the last placed door often seems the one set as the 'front' one, unless you have Pescado's frontdoorhack. I wish that mod had more documentation on how exactly it works.

From my observations, even with Pescado's frontdoorhack, double doors are often chosen to be the front.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Alchemist
#15054 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:01 PM
Yeah, I heard such reports too. I might test and see If I can simply put the door in the inventory and place it again where it was positioned and thus make it 'front'. If that doesn't work, I'll check but with buy mode. Thanks btw.

I might post results here.

Mad Poster
#15055 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:04 PM
It's the last one placed on the lowest floor. So if you have a garage with a house on a foundation, the garage door is the front door.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15056 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:51 PM
Are dogs or cats able to die of anything other than old age? A few hoods back, and the only survivors of a giant house fire were the toddler and the dog.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Theorist
#15057 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:59 PM
about pet death; from my understanding, Old Age is their only non-cheat/non-mod/non-hack death.
not sure, but they might be able to die through the Spawn object named Rodney's Death Creator; and perhaps also through various hacks.
Forum Resident
#15058 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Are dogs or cats able to die of anything other than old age? A few hoods back, and the only survivors of a giant house fire were the toddler and the dog.

That's so sad. What happened to them?
Mad Poster
#15059 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:25 PM
I reloaded the lot and everyone came back to life.

Lab Assistant
#15060 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:59 PM
I'd like to extract the house (and only the house) that is in one of the premade neighborhoods, what's the exact process to do so? Export it to file and then save the house only through the Sims2Pack Clean Installer?

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
I will occasionally post my stuff at spicyplumbobs.wordpress.com, hopefully it's good.
Field Researcher
#15061 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsoC
I'd like to extract the house (and only the house) that is in one of the premade neighborhoods, what's the exact process to do so? Export it to file and then save the house only through the Sims2Pack Clean Installer?

Is the lot unoccupied/free from urns?
In this case you can just add it in the lot cataog and then place a copy back, if you wish - before you can only place one copy at the time, but then, from I don't remember which EP onwards, a copy of the lost will stay in the catalog even after placing it).
Otherwise, you can just pack to a file and thn re-install it with the Clean Installer (I usually "clean" the file from cc or families).
If yo need more info, have a look here: http://modthesims.info/t/448103
Or here to get even more useful stuff.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#15062 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote:

Make sure to clean it of sim references. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15063 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:53 PM
Is there some sort of a slot-blocker for a chair? I have a chair on an angled OMSP so it looks like it tipped over, but my Sims keep sitting on it.

Instructor
#15064 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:00 PM
If I age my sim to a Young Adult with the Sim Blender, how do I age them into an Adult? I tried doing that with a test sim and she aged into an Elder instead

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

just a girl
#15065 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:20 PM
What interaction did you click, Primavera? Grow Me Up, maybe? Keep in mind that young adults are technically *adults* with special properties. To turn them into adults, you should either graduate/drop out or click Set Age, but not Grow Me Up.
Alchemist
#15066 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote:
I'd like to extract the house (and only the house) that is in one of the premade neighborhoods...

The "(and only the house)" part of your query leads me to believe this house is occupied? If so, you must move the sim out before you package the lot.
If you want the contents of the house to stay when the sim moves out, use the Stay Things Shrub and it's subsequent Fixer by Moo to reset the proper lot values.
Once the sims are moved out you just click the "package this lot" option from the neighborhood screen. Do not share it with the sims2.com - or whatever that says - because it's not there anymore. It should tell you it's been packaged properly, and the lot can be found in your "PackagedLots" folder in your Documents/TS2 folder.
From there, clean it with the Clean Installer - and then, as Jo said, from all sim references. Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
Instructor
#15067 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
What interaction did you click, Primavera? Grow Me Up, maybe? Keep in mind that young adults are technically *adults* with special properties. To turn them into adults, you should either graduate/drop out or click Set Age, but not Grow Me Up.

Yeah that's what I did, I hit 'Grow Me Up' @Lamare . I have a few mods in place that can keep young adults at home and still attend college (their college meter doesn't move though, but that's fine), and when it came time to age up my sim I thought 'Grow Me Up' would do it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#15068 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:55 AM
I had a playable befriend a townie child & move them in. They kept the aspiration to "grow up"; now in college, they still have that. Will they finally get a real aspiration when they graduate? Will it matter if they don't?

Namaste
Scholar
#15069 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I had a playable befriend a townie child & move them in. They kept the aspiration to "grow up"; now in college, they still have that. Will they finally get a real aspiration when they graduate? Will it matter if they don't?

I am not sure, but this is what I would try: use the Bat Box or the Sim Modder or another of the objects that can reroll the LTW, and reroll the LTW for the YA Sim. Me I would use the Sim Modder get it by using boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled True and then Spawn and then choosing Sim Modder or Buy It

If you use the Sim Modder like I do, you need to go to a menu called wants & locks {or something like that} and then you need to look for lifetime wants...You should be able to find it I think. Then when you find the right menu just click on it until you get a suitable LTW, I think this should work.

You use the same procedure for the Bat Box, find the correct menu and reroll the Sim's LTW.

Let me know if you have trouble.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#15070 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:23 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 20th Aug 2018 at 7:35 AM.
I had that too, @@grammapat - some time ago, but I believe I changed the LTW during the Uni years - you get that option after a later exam to change a student's LTW. The option comes up only once, I think just before senior year starts, and says something about the sim has gained enough life experience - you can then change the LTW and the attraction traits without a mod.
Inventor
#15071 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:33 AM Last edited by Sketching : 20th Aug 2018 at 9:46 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Yeah that's what I did, I hit 'Grow Me Up' Lamare . I have a few mods in place that can keep young adults at home and still attend college (their college meter doesn't move though, but that's fine), and when it came time to age up my sim I thought 'Grow Me Up' would do it.

I don't use university subhoods and all of my YAs stay in the main hood, but the students' meters usually increase with academic work. I'm confused since your statement sounds like none of their meters move at all. For those whose meters are graphically glitched, you can see their meters if you send them to another lot or make them selectable while they're in another. Sometimes moving them into different residences works too, but that's a more drastic option - in my experience, asking them to move in causes them to age up, so be careful about that. Also, I'm unsure if you're using Squinge's mod set, but if you are, the aging process is mentioned on the page:
Quote:
Play your Young Adult through college and when you’re ready to age your Sim after graduating from college, buy the cake again and use the Age To Adult option.

Question - what determines which household member ages a baby up into a toddler? Is it the NID? I was wondering since in some cases, a sleeping parent wakes up to perform the action when the other parent is wide awake. Sometimes I don't mind and I can age the baby up manually with a cake/mods anyway, but I also thought I'd prefer a conscious sim or one with a better relationship autonomously do it in certain households.
Mad Poster
#15072 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:23 AM
You can change the aspiration with almost any editing tool. You can also use the Re-Nu-U-Orb aspiration reward, I believe. I do it in SimPE as soon as I grow them up.

At the beginning of Junior year, all students get an option to change their aspiration, which will also allow them to change turn-ons. The Lifetime Want will be randomized.

Sims with the Grow Up aspiration will continue to have wants suitable for children until it's changed.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#15073 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Sorry if I'm a bit slow here - I tried changing the terrain on a few other desert and dirt hoods to see if it was a problem with the road defaults then checked out various lots, but they actually came out fine for some reason. It's just this hood in particular that has the wonky terrain. Is it the apocalypse at work?

My apocalypse hood has the same issue! I just chalked it up to using hood replace but now I don't know if that's the reason? But... if I import a desert hood I have desert edges when I change the terrain to temperate & if the imported hood is lush I have grass edges if I change it to desert. I might end up playing this hood when I'm done and I don't want to be stuck with desert terrain so I'm just working around it. For neighborhood view I scattered dirt effects around and for lot view I'm just going to set the distances as close/small as possible and call it good enough.

Calamity Hills Apocalypse (Sims 2 Let's Play) | Tumblr(s) | Twitter
Alchemist
#15074 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:21 PM
Which speaker suits best with a hair salon ?

Field Researcher
#15075 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Which speaker suits best with a hair salon ?

On a personal level, my hair salon plays the radio, which generally seems to play pop music. I'd go with pop.
Page 603 of 651