Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 9403 (Who?), Viewed: 533430 times.
Page 377 of 377
Theorist
#9401 Old Yesterday at 7:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Most of Pes' hacks have one or more undocumented feature. As I understand it, one of marriage-postmortum's undocumented features is squashing weird family member jealousy triggered by widowed sims re-marrying.

Simler90's extensive Romantic Standards mod also has this feature. I removed marriage-postmortum because it conflicted and was no longer necessary.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=609030
Instructor
#9402 Old Yesterday at 11:57 PM
A mod where kids and teens get a 'phone call home' when their grades are below a C. Instead of that silly little pop up 'So-and-so has horrible grades!', It should be something like "So-and-so's teach has called because their grades are slipping" and the parents on the lot should have the lecture interaction usually saved for newborn babies who can't defend themselves queued for the child or teen who ought to have been doing their work. It would be great if it could then queue the 'do homework' interaction for the child / teen as I have several who simply don't roll wants to do their homework <cough> popularity sims <cough>. I won't push the boat out too far, but I'd love a custom memory for the whole thing that's like "Oh man, I'm failing classes! I'll need to study hard to boost my grades!" << dunno, something like that.

Alternative way to do this:
Once per season, there's a 'report card' for the child, and parents see a pop up that is "Congratulations, so-and-so is passing!" if the child has above a C (could be tailored to each grade level) and then something that's like "Uh oh, so-and-so is failing - they'd better do some homework!" if it's below. This could then prompt either the parents cheering, no response (if it's not an A), or the lecture + homework added to the queues of parents and child if it's below a C.

I think it'd be hilarious if both parents were queued to lecture- as that was standard for me growing up (one lecture from mum, and another from dad later lol.)
Test Subject
#9403 Old Today at 1:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terula8
A mod where kids and teens get a 'phone call home' when their grades are below a C. Instead of that silly little pop up 'So-and-so has horrible grades!', It should be something like "So-and-so's teach has called because their grades are slipping" and the parents on the lot should have the lecture interaction usually saved for newborn babies who can't defend themselves queued for the child or teen who ought to have been doing their work. It would be great if it could then queue the 'do homework' interaction for the child / teen as I have several who simply don't roll wants to do their homework <cough> popularity sims <cough>. I won't push the boat out too far, but I'd love a custom memory for the whole thing that's like "Oh man, I'm failing classes! I'll need to study hard to boost my grades!" << dunno, something like that.

Alternative way to do this:
Once per season, there's a 'report card' for the child, and parents see a pop up that is "Congratulations, so-and-so is passing!" if the child has above a C (could be tailored to each grade level) and then something that's like "Uh oh, so-and-so is failing - they'd better do some homework!" if it's below. This could then prompt either the parents cheering, no response (if it's not an A), or the lecture + homework added to the queues of parents and child if it's below a C.

I think it'd be hilarious if both parents were queued to lecture- as that was standard for me growing up (one lecture from mum, and another from dad later lol.)

I think that would be interesting too. I know that there is a scripted event in the Broke family in Pleasantview, where Brandi always lectures her teenage son Dustin for failing in class on the first day of playing and btw, there is already such a memory, when the child gets below a C. I'm not a modder and I can't really judge it how difficult it would be to make such a mod, but I wanted to point out why this mod seems possible.
Field Researcher
#9404 Old Today at 2:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terula8

I like that idea, but I'd like to add to it a little bit... I think the lecturing should be dependent, at least in part, on the parents' personalities (and maybe grades from when they were students!). Also, I think that there should be a chance, also based on the student's personality, that the lecture action could fail, and the student would argue back, or maybe do that sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting interaction, to ignore their parents.

Also... teens ought to have the ability to slam their bedroom doors. hahahaha...

-gE
>=)
Page 377 of 377