Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1367 (Who?), Viewed: 95285 times.
Page 55 of 55
Field Researcher
#1351 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica55
Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. It was such a nice feature. So it was in TS2 then not TS3.


In TS3 you cannot change the order of the seasons, but you can disable certain seasons as well as specific weather types (rain, snow, fog, hail). You could also control the length of each season individually.
Field Researcher
#1352 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:41 AM
Default I didn't know my Sims were pickled!
So I thought I'd ask this here, since I didn't want to start my own thread, and well, it is a stupid question.

Recently I'm getting a Last Exception file every game, even if I quit without doing anything. It also seems to be of no consequence in terms of gameplay, but it's puzzling in any case. One of the few things I can read in it involves an "unpickling error." It seems it also may or may not have something to do with babies (I run childless households and let MCCC keep the town alive, so they aren't my Sims' babies ... as far as I know!)
I have little doubt that it's some mod somewhere that's outdated, though it's hard for me to care too much since it doesn't seem to be anywhere near game-breaking. Yet I care enough to be curious about it at least.

Anyone else have pickled Sims? Do they taste good?
Instructor
#1353 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei86
So I thought I'd ask this here, since I didn't want to start my own thread, and well, it is a stupid question.

Recently I'm getting a Last Exception file every game, even if I quit without doing anything. It also seems to be of no consequence in terms of gameplay, but it's puzzling in any case. One of the few things I can read in it involves an "unpickling error." It seems it also may or may not have something to do with babies (I run childless households and let MCCC keep the town alive, so they aren't my Sims' babies ... as far as I know!)
I have little doubt that it's some mod somewhere that's outdated, though it's hard for me to care too much since it doesn't seem to be anywhere near game-breaking. Yet I care enough to be curious about it at least.

Anyone else have pickled Sims? Do they taste good?


Drop the LE file over at MCCC discord
https://discord.gg/ezb6h2M
Scholar
#1354 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:55 PM
Where the heck is this dresser coming from ?

Instructor
#1355 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
Where the heck is this dresser coming from ?



The Get Famous EP

You can tell easily by the icon in the corner of the thumbnail pic within the catalogue, btw..
the icon for Get Famous is a director chair.
Mad Poster
#1356 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:53 PM
Is there a way to choose which townies you see around the world? Whenever my Sims are out, they always run into the same game generated Sims and barely any of the ones I made myself.

At one point I didn't even realize one of my saves was HEAVILY populated with Sims that I made because I only ever see the same ten ugly NPCs

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#1357 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Is there a way to choose which townies you see around the world? Whenever my Sims are out, they always run into the same game generated Sims and barely any of the ones I made myself.

At one point I didn't even realize one of my saves was HEAVILY populated with Sims that I made because I only ever see the same ten ugly NPCs


There's a thread just about this issue (issue for some people..)
with a link to a mod by Coolspear (a series of mods) that deal with this exact issue
look at the recent threads..
Mad Poster
#1358 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:04 PM
Wow. That is literally right under this thread. How the hell did I miss that? "Stupid questions" indeed XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#1359 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
The Get Famous EP

You can tell easily by the icon in the corner of the thumbnail pic within the catalogue, btw..
the icon for Get Famous is a director chair.


Except....



May I say... GOTCHA!
Instructor
#1360 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
Except...

May I say... GOTCHA!


You are right. it's from the free update with the fashion designer Career, or whatever it was called..
my bad
Field Researcher
#1361 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Drop the LE file over at MCCC discord
https://discord.gg/ezb6h2M
That link/invite is no longer valid, but I followed the directions over at the MCCC website. Took out all my mods, including MCCC, and I got the same error when I restarted the game. Repaired my game, then ran it again with all my mods installed -- and presto, no error.

I'm still somewhat intrigued by the thought of an "unpickling error" though. My Google searches have come up empty on it, and I've never heard anyone in the community mention this particular error. (They may very well have mentioned it, but I just didn't notice.)
Scholar
#1362 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 10:17 PM
More a question for the Trait Creator...? If I make one, how can I alter what 'animation' is played when picking the trait in CAS? I made the Sweet Trait, but picking it in CAS has the sim use the Athletic animation of jogging in place. I've seen the Feminine trait use the Family-Oriented trait animation. I don't recall seeing an option for that in the instructions for making a trait.

I also read someone managed to increase the speed their game runs by turning their internet connection off? (Not just the no-in-game internet connection thing, but just turning their pc's internet off?)
dodgy builder
#1363 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 14th Dec 2018 at 11:20 PM.
I have a little question. I wonder where the finished videos are kept. I have found the music tapes in the library or whatever it's called in English, but the videos are not kept in the same place. I just want to sell them, because I can't make anymore videos, it says the storage is full.

Nevermind, I had to click check the video storage, it's called something different in my language naturally.
Scholar
#1364 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 8:16 AM
I see Build Mode having an option to Move Lot. Is it actually possible to do that? I would like to grab this 15x20 lot (longer to the back) and turn it sideways (longer to the sides), but whenever I try that, it just reverts to its original position. If you really can't move the lot at all (because there is no room at all around the lot) why is this even an option?

On a different note, any tips on how to make more distinct Sims in CAS? I find it especially difficult to make a 'cute' Japanese character. I know it's difficult to make anime-ish characters, even in Sims 4, but I somehow cannot get a nice, round and sweet face in. There's always something... caucasian about them that shouldn't be there. This may sound weird, but I'm really trying to make a very Japanese-looking character, and it feels like the CAS moving/sliding won't let me. (I know there are sliders added, but is there like a slider x2 range mod yet, like in Sims 3?)
Scholar
#1365 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 8:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
I see Build Mode having an option to Move Lot. Is it actually possible to do that? I would like to grab this 15x20 lot (longer to the back) and turn it sideways (longer to the sides), but whenever I try that, it just reverts to its original position. If you really can't move the lot at all (because there is no room at all around the lot) why is this even an option?


You should be able to do that, since the lot isn't a true square, turning it 90° with certainly clip the lot, (So you would want to make sure your most important parts of it is in the green zone), it's flexible this way, technically a 60x60 can be adjusted to be placed on a 15x20 lot but you will lose a hell of a lot of it...
Scholar
#1366 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
You should be able to do that, since the lot isn't a true square, turning it 90° with certainly clip the lot, (So you would want to make sure your most important parts of it is in the green zone), it's flexible this way, technically a 60x60 can be adjusted to be placed on a 15x20 lot but you will lose a hell of a lot of it...


Green zone? I tried to flip the 15x20 lot that the Cozy Cabana in Willow Creek originates it (bulldozed, so it's empty), and it just won't let me. I try, it always snaps back to how it was before.
Instructor
#1367 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
Green zone? I tried to flip the 15x20 lot that the Cozy Cabana in Willow Creek originates it (bulldozed, so it's empty), and it just won't let me. I try, it always snaps back to how it was before.


You can't flip the lot itself, you can only flip what's on it (terrain/house/everything like that)
Scholar
#1368 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
You can't flip the lot itself, you can only flip what's on it (terrain/house/everything like that)


Crap. I hate that because most of the lots are just not a size I feel comfortable with building on. (I've gotten really used to making small houses)

I just got Parenthood, so I'm gonna look what mods might be good to have for that. I know there's one that lets adults play voidcritter.
Page 55 of 55
Back to top