Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
Replies: 55 (Who?), Viewed: 3333 times.
Page 3 of 3
dodgy builder
#51 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:13 PM
TSR had a query or what it's called, asking people what they would like to have as an extension. I don't remember when, but it wasn't that long ago, consideting I've been here a while as well
Space Pony
#52 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
This is complete nonsense and you're lucky most of the creators are not rich or they'd sue the ass off you for saying this, and win on evidence. Like all sites *some* (not most) of their CC may not work well. But seeing as they don't offer mods anyway it's a bit ridiculous and patently false to say they're broken. Folks, do try to keep comments fact-based ok?

Inge Jones I'm happy for you I'mma let you finish but...you're kinda spreading a false narrative yourself aren't you? The distinction between mods and cc can get pretty darn thin when it comes to what the broken stuff does. Espeacially in the Sims or does no one remember that sneaky doll on the exchange that stuck to literally everything and was so poorly made it doubled as a computer virus?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#53 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesereiPandemoni
Inge Jones I'm happy for you I'mma let you finish but...you're kinda spreading a false narrative yourself aren't you? The distinction between mods and cc can get pretty darn thin when it comes to what the broken stuff does. Espeacially in the Sims or does no one remember that sneaky doll on the exchange that stuck to literally everything and was so poorly made it doubled as a computer virus?

Yes, later in the thread I admitted I had fallen behind the times and TSR *does* now have mods - they didn't when I was active in the modding scene. The doll thing turned out to be a bug in the EA packaging code, and thus it was the combined fault of EA and the modding tools that did packing, NOT any fault of the TSR creator, whose misfortune was merely to create one of the first modded objects that revealed the flaw. EA fixed the bug very shortly after, but obviously were unable to retrospectively correct erring content that had already made its way around the community and into people's games.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#54 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Yes, later in the thread I admitted I had fallen behind the times and TSR *does* now have mods - they didn't when I was active in the modding scene. The doll thing turned out to be a bug in the EA packaging code, and thus it was the combined fault of EA and the modding tools that did packing, NOT any fault of the TSR creator, whose misfortune was merely to create one of the first modded objects that revealed the flaw. EA fixed the bug very shortly after, but obviously were unable to retrospectively correct erring content that had already made its way around the community and into people's games.

How unfurtunate. Now everyone remembers that fricking doll forever, and better hope they forget the creator of the doll.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:34 PM
Are these mods new ones or ones previously downloadable free? Who's making new mods for Sims 2? I used to get some very good downloads for Sims 2 from TSR, without subscription, but haven't used it since then.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#56 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:36 PM
Hehehe no one will ever forget the doll. And remember the stowaway tattoos?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Page 3 of 3