Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17113 (Who?), Viewed: 395492 times.
Page 685 of 685
Alchemist
#17101 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:11 PM
Is Ancient Highway's NPC aging mod suppose to move in townies once they grow up? Does the effect ware off like the next day in 7 pm?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#17102 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:23 PM
Can someone tell me the difference here in Assign and Haunt? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289811
I ended up with two of the same ghost when I tried them both.
Mad Poster
#17103 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:54 PM
Fyren5: re SimPE. After using the surgery object, I use SimPE to make the facial changes GENETIC (you can't change skin, or make skin genetic, in the same way). The process is easier on old version of SimPE.
Bulbizarre: the Uglies..ARE! Also FIRE! Want

Namaste
Field Researcher
#17104 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 8:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Fyren5: re SimPE. After using the surgery object, I use SimPE to make the facial changes GENETIC (you can't change skin, or make skin genetic, in the same way). The process is easier on old version of SimPE.

All I want to do is change Sandra Roth's skintone from S3 to S2 because her family don't go any darker than S2.. Dreadpirate changed Sandra Roth's skintone in their ALT Riverblossom Hills and I want to do the same thing because I only want that change, not the others they've incoporated in their ALT.. Ah well, suppose I'll just have to deal with it. :P
Inventor
#17105 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 8:22 PM Last edited by Sunrader : Yesterday at 1:10 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
All I want to do is change Sandra Roth's skintone from S3 to S2 because her family don't go any darker than S2.. Dreadpirate changed Sandra Roth's skintone in their ALT Riverblossom Hills and I want to do the same thing because I only want that change, not the others they've incoporated in their ALT.. Ah well, suppose I'll just have to deal with it. :P

I think you could do that. I'm not very up on genetics, but I'd do it in SimSurgery, just use a sim who has the right skintone and change only that. Then, you can, I think, find the file that was created and use it to replace the old file as in this short tutorial. I think that would make it genetic. http://modthesims.info/t/494394
Test Subject
#17106 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 11:11 PM
Quote:

It's been a while since I changed a skintone in SimPE, but I believe this is how I did it. And since you just want to change from a default 3 to a default 2, then the skintone and skintonerange numbers are easy. 00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 changing to 00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
1) Open the neighborhood in SimPE 2) Click the Sim Description (SDSC) entry in the Resource Tree on the left
3) In the resulting Resource List on the right, locate and click the Sim's name
4) In the Plugin View of the Sim, click the More picture
5) From the drop down list select Open Sim DNA
6) Change the Dominant Gene Skintone and SkintoneRange from 3 to 2. (If you don't want to potentially pass along any other skintone, then do the same for the Recessive Gene Skintone and SkintoneRange.)
7) Commit and Save.
8) In game, go to a mirror and change the Sim's appearance for it to take effect
Field Researcher
#17107 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 11:35 PM
Thanks, I'm going to copy this to Word and I'll try it later! Hopefully I do it right! I'm not very good with SimPE, I find it really complicated. But thank you
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17108 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 11:40 PM
You may also have to open the sims character file under DNA then open age data and find skin and set code in there as well. (Also eyes and hair colour is in there)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17109 Old Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Oh man, this sounds overly complicated now. LOL. Is it complicated or is it somewhat easy? For someone with no experience with SimPE. :P
Inventor
#17110 Old Yesterday at 1:07 AM
Quote:
Oh man, this sounds overly complicated now. LOL. Is it complicated or is it somewhat easy? For someone with no experience with SimPE. :P

If just copying the file after changing in SimSurgery works as the tutorial says, then, that's not hard. And for the rest, not super hard, as with everything, easy when you know how. If I wanted something really, really easy, I'd just change the skintone in SimSurgery or otherwise with a mod like this one (http://modthesims.info/d/284572) and then, IF progeny didn't get the skin I wanted, I'd just change them, too, the same way.
Test Subject
#17111 Old Yesterday at 5:12 AM
Quote:

As mentioned above, it all depends on how comfortable you are with the changes. If you go into SimPE either to use SimSurgery or to edit the Sim DNA file directly and you aren't sure of what you are doing, then don't Commit and don't Save and there's no harm done. That way you can see whether the instructions make sense to you before you actually make any change.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17112 Old Yesterday at 5:55 AM
Quote:

It's not that hard, it just sounds like it. If you are using the maxis code, those are already known so it's just a matter of pasting them into the correct spots. This is the best tutorial around http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/16

Also, there are different ways to get to the sim you want, use the method that's easiest for you. I open neighbourhood then open sim browser.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17113 Old Yesterday at 9:11 AM
Here's something for you experienced, intelligent folk.

I have a copy of Riverblossom Hills which was created without Pleasantview townies. I decided it needed a few more young faces to balance out the AL social group townies who keep appearing everywhere, so I made some townies, including teens. They seem to work fine - turned up on walk-by and on community lots, played chess in the background, though beyond greeting them the playables have done nothing with them yet. Before I made any more I decided I'd better get a full count of the number of teens I had in the hood before I made anymore, so I opened up the attached LGU to see who was available to send to college. And the newly made townie teens did not show up.

I have the playables, as per usual; male and female paper delivery; cashiers; and vacation teens (even though I haven't attached any vacation hoods), but no custom teens. Any ideas for what's up?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#17114 Old Yesterday at 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Is Ancient Highway's NPC aging mod suppose to move in townies once they grow up? Does the effect ware off like the next day in 7 pm?

I didn't use it for very long, but I think it just ages up any townie or NPC who is on the same lot with you at 6pm. If they're already elders, they die. I don't think the mod will move them into your household and make them playable. The effect does not wear off. This mod makes the game treat townies and NPCs the same as playables for aging purposes - they just have to be on the same lot with your playables when 6pm arrives. I don't remember clearly whether townie aging also works on community lots - I think it does, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Can someone tell me the difference here in Assign and Haunt? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289811
I ended up with two of the same ghost when I tried them both.

"Assign" lets you pick which ghost you want linked to the hacked grave stone.
"Haunt" forcibly spawns whatever ghost has been assigned to the hacked grave and sends it haunting around your lot.
Page 685 of 685